Saturday 8 September 2012

Unnecessary Work


A man came to pick up his prescription today. which came to $9.99. I scanned in the barcode and said "That'll be $9.99 please". He opens his wallet, so the pretty fat stack of bills inside is quite visible, and he hands me a twenty-dollar bill. I ring it in and give him $10.01 change.

Man: Um, can I pay with card?
Me: You just finished paying.
Man: I mean...can I pay with my credit card?
Me: You just paid and I already gave you change. You mean you want me to do a REFUND for you so you can PAY AGAIN with your credit card?
Man: Yeah.
Me: You seriously want me to do a refund so you can pay again with a credit card?
Man: Yes.
Me: WHY?!
Man: Because I want to.

I contemplated the other worse things in life and decided that things could've been a lot worse. At least in this scenario I did not get yelled at for something stupid and not my fault.

I processed this man's refund, asked for a penny, and gave him back change, and then charged his card. What an unnecessary amount of work for something so simple. Craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment